Pharmacognosy

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
Login

NAAS Rating: 5.21

updates
NAAS Rating: 5.21 new

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Vol. 6, Special Issue 1 (2017)

Regressional analysis between profile and knowledge level of farmers about climate and weather in relation to crop management

Author(s): Goraknath Chouhan, Suradkar DD, and Anarase MS
Abstract: The present study was conducted in Latur district from Marathwada region of Maharashtra state, with an objective to study the farmer’s knowledge of climate change in relation to crop management. Four villages from each tahsil were selected randomly. Total twelve villages were selected for research study. Ten respondents from each village were selected randomly to comprise a sample of 120 respondents. One short case study method of ex-post-facto medium research design was adopted for this study. The important study were that, co-efficient of determination (R2) of the independent variables was 0.450 it means that 45.03 per cent of total variation in knowledge level of farmers about climate and weather in relation to crop management was explained by the 10 selected independent variables. The remaining 54.97 per cent of knowledge was remain unexplained. amongst independent variable of farmers, three variable viz., age, education and occupation was positively and highly significant with knowledge and seven variable viz., land holding, family type, farming experience, annual income, extension contact, social participation an economic motivation were found to be positively non significant. The majority of the farmers suggested that information needs of the farmers about climate and weather in relation to crop management was most needed for crop protection (83.3%) and crop production(78.3%), crop planning information related needs (54.2%) of farmers needed somewhat, climate and weather parameters (54.2%) viewed that they somewhat needed, and post harvest management only (19%) perceived as the most needed information. And also Most needed training areas of crop management in relation to climate and weather were crop protection (80.8%), crop production (73.3%), crop planning training needs for majority (60.0%) of the respondents were somewhat needed, training needs general climate and weather parameters for majority of the respondents were somewhat needed, In case post harvest management only 18 per cent of respondents prefer this as the most needed for training
Pages: 1074-1076  |  684 Views  8 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Goraknath Chouhan, Suradkar DD, and Anarase MS. Regressional analysis between profile and knowledge level of farmers about climate and weather in relation to crop management. 2017; 6(6S): 1074-1076.
Call for book chapter
Journals List Click Here Research Journals Research Journals
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry