Pharmacognosy

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
Login

NAAS Rating: 5.21

updates
NAAS Rating: 5.21 new

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Vol. 7, Issue 2 (2018)

Effect of laser land leveling on nutrient uptake and yield of wheat, water saving and water productivity

Author(s): Amaresh Das, MD Lad and AL Chalodia
Abstract: A field experiment was conducted during rabi seasons of 2013-14 and 2014-15 in Wheat Research Farm, Bardoli of Navsari Agricultural University, Gujarat on a clayey soil with an objective to findout the effect of laser land leveling on yield of wheat crop (var. Lok 1), nutrient uptake, irrigation water saving and water productivity. Four treatments comprising of control i.e. field with traditional level and three leser leveled fields (LLF) with three slopes (%): 0.05, 0.15 and 0.30, were imposed in large plots. Pooled grain yield under 0.15% slope (3475.0 kg ha-1) was 18.3% higher over control and was significantly higher over control and LLFs while significantly the highest straw yield was recorded in field with 0.30 % slope (7906.8 0 kg ha-1), remaining at par with 0.05 and 0.15 % sloppy fields. Significantly the highest total N, P and K uptake in pooled was recorded in field with 0.15 % slope which was at par with 0.30 % slope in case of N and with 0.05 and 0.30 % slopes in case of P and K. The highest (787 m3 ha-1) irrigation water saving was obtained in field with 0.30 % slope, followed by 0.15 % slope (565 m3 ha-1or 5.65 ha-cm). Water productivity in field with 0.15% slope (1.121 kg grain m-3 water) remaining at par with 0.30% slope, exhibited significantly higher value (>39%) over control. Based on higher additional net income (Rs 9041 ha-1), higher water productivity and saving of 5.65 ha-cm irrigation water over control, LLF with 0.15 % slope was adjudged superior.
Pages: 73-78  |  956 Views  41 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Amaresh Das, MD Lad, AL Chalodia. Effect of laser land leveling on nutrient uptake and yield of wheat, water saving and water productivity. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2018;7(2):73-78.
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry