• Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Vol. 11, Issue 3 (2022)

Effect of different spacings and nutrient levels on growth, yield and fruit quality of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle) cv. Phule Sharbati

Author(s):

PS Pawar, SD Sawai and BR Bhite

Abstract:

This field experiment on effect of different spacings and nutrient levels on growth, yield and fruit quality of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle) cv. Phule Sharbati was conducted at ICAR-All India Coordinated Research Project on Fruits, Department of Horticulture, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri during the year 2018. The experiment was conducted in Factorial Randomized Block Design (FRBD) with nine treatments replicated three times. Plant spacings were S1:6 x 6 m, S2: 6 x 5 m and S3: 6 x 4 m. Nutrient levels were L1:75% N (Inorganic source) + 25% N (Organic source-FYM) + 100% P and K (100% Inorganic – P and K supplied through FYM), L2:50% N (Inorganic source) + 50% N (Organic source-Vermicompost) + 100% P and K (100% Inorganic – P and K supplied through Vermicompost) and L3: 100% Inorganic only. There were nine treatment combinations. The study revealed that, the treatment T2 (S1 L2) i. e. recommended spacing 6 x 6 m with 50% N (Inorganic source) + 50% N (Organic source-Vermicompost) + 100% P and K (100% Inorganic – P and K supplied through Vermicompost) proved superior and recorded the maximum canopy volume (36.45 m3), stem girth (49.91 cm), number of fruits/tree (1690.80), fruit weight (47.75 g) and yield (80.73 kg/tree). Whereas, the treatment T8 (S3 L2) i. e. spacing 6 x 4 m with 50% N (Inorganic source) + 50% N (Organic source-Vermicompost) + 100% P and K (100% Inorganic – P and K supplied through Vermicompost) recorded the maximum fruit yield (26.08 t/ha) because of more number of trees per hectare. The treatment T3 (S1 L3) i. e. recommended spacing 6 x 6 m with 100% Inorganic only recorded the maximum juice (45.85%), TSS (7.40 oB), acidity (7.23%), ascorbic acid (35.66 mg/100 ml juice), reducing sugars (0.93%), non-reducing sugars (0.96%) and total sugars (1.88%) with minimum weight of seeds/fruit (0.54 g) and rind thickness (1.23 mm). The general appearance and acceptance of the fruit quality was better in the treatment T3 (S1 L3) than rest of the other treatments.

Pages: 240-243  |  398 Views  190 Downloads


Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
How to cite this article:
PS Pawar, SD Sawai and BR Bhite. Effect of different spacings and nutrient levels on growth, yield and fruit quality of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia Swingle) cv. Phule Sharbati. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2022;11(3):240-243.

Call for book chapter