• Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Vol. 7, Special Issue 1 (2018)

A combination fungicide for the management of sheath blight and stem rot diseases of paddy

Author(s):

Dinesh Sharma, PK Tiwari and AS Kotasthane

Abstract:
A new combination fungicide TAQAT 75% WP(Captan70%+Hexaconazole5%) was tested in different doses against rice sheath blight (ShB) and stem rot (StR) diseases under field conditions during Kharif 2013-14. The combination fungicide TAQAT 75% WP (Captan70%+Hexaconazole5%)@750g/ha was found effective against ShB and StR diseases recording minimum percent disease index (PDI)of 28.15 and 41.26 respectively during Rabi 2013-14.Similartrend was observed during the Kharif 2014 where test fungicide TAQAT 75% WP were recorded least PDI of 21.48 and 45.45 against ShB and StR respectively. Compared to TAQAT 75% WP, other test fungicides such as Hexaconazole 5%SC and Captan 50%WP recorded highest PDI against Sh Band StR diseases in both Rabi 2013and Kharif 2014 respectively. Significant increase in grain yield (45.85Q/ha) was observed in the plot treated with the chemical TAQAT 75% WP@750g/ha in Rabi2013-14 and 47.72 Q/ha in Kharif 2014, whereas other fungicidal treatments recorded the yield in the range of 34.28 to 45.35q/ hain Rabi2013-14 and 35.31 to 40.92Q/ ha in Kharif 2014

Pages: 2542-2545  |  1067 Views  236 Downloads

How to cite this article:
Dinesh Sharma, PK Tiwari and AS Kotasthane. A combination fungicide for the management of sheath blight and stem rot diseases of paddy. J Pharmacogn Phytochem 2018;7(1S):2542-2545.

Important Publications Links
Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry Pharmacognosy

Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry

Call for book chapter